Saturday 23 July 2011

Rest in Peace Amy


I first heard about the late Amy Winehouse via an interview she gave to the Observer newspaper in 2004.  She came across as a feisty and voluptuous wee temptress and I thought that's the type of woman for me!  I immediately obtained her brilliant debut album 'Frank' and subsequently the incredible follow-up 'Back to Black'.  They are both classics.  Amy greatly amused me at a concert she gave in 2007 in Birmingham when many of the seated and besuited Guardian reading types put down their programmes and walked out en masse due to the allegedly sloppy performance.  Amy said..."Oh Boo me if you must!" And then launched into a ska medley.  I was dancing in the mosh-pit and thought it was brilliant.

The news of her death today at the age of 27 is a tragedy for her loved ones and my heart goes out to them.

To watch Amy performing the Marvin Gaye classic 'I Heard it through the Grapevine' with the Modfather... See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVT-BokwmWY

Amy gave so much pleasure to so many people, perhaps much to her own cost.

And a beautiful 'Don't go to Strangers' with the Modfather:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJscWYA-eI&NR=1


They wanted you to go to rehab but you said NO NO NO!

Amy Winehouse models her new Fred Perry line

Rest in peace sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment